Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Well...I made it home in one piece

Here's what I posted on my myspace (myspace.com/datingmrdarcy). I would rather be sleeping right now, so that is what I shall now do. Have fun!

Day 1 (Sunday, March 26): Not a lot happened this day. We did see Sean's home and his home away from home not long after take off. One really hilarious thing happened. The flight attendants were handing out the dinners and I had put mine on my lap because I was watching Pride & Prejudice on my laptop. So, when the attendant came by with Keenan's dinner and didn't see mine, she gave him two dinners. That was a good time. We got lots of laughs out of that one. In Hawaii we found nothing but rain. We got to the house we had rented at around 10:00 Hawaii time (that's 3:00 ET) so we went straight to bed.

Day 2 (Monday, March 27): Ahh Monday...with Monday came more rain and some excitement. I'll get straight to the point. Danny was bitten by a dog. Yup, my little baby brother has some nice teeth marks on his legs now. Don't worry, he's fine. After Danny stopped bleeding and crying, my dad took Keenan, Joe, and me to climb Diamond Head, the highest peak on the island of Oahu. The climb took a long time and there were too many bugs at the top but the view was amazing. Not much else happened the rest of Monday.

Day 3 (Tuesday, March 28): We got out of bed and found it to be raining again. Joe was very excited about the number of lizards outside and decided to go hunting. He was about to capture one when (this is so funny!) a rat came up, took the lizard in its mouth, and carried it away. My mom laughed so hard she cried. I didn't actually witness this incedent, but I hear it was quite a sight. After Joe recovered from the trauma of a rat stealing his prize catch, we went to the Dole Pinapple Plantation. It would have been really cool had it not been raining. We did get to go through the largest maze in all the world though. We didn't spend a lot of time in it because of the rain but it was fun nonetheless. Oh, and my dad decided to take Danny to the hospital. His leg was a bit swollen and kind of stinky. The doctor put Danny on antibiotics. Again, don't worry, he's fine.

Day 4 (Wednesday, March 29): It's still raining. Nothing exciting happened this day. My dad had the first day of his conference thingy so he took the car and we couldn't go anywhere. We pretty much sat around watching some of the five hundred TV chanells we don't get at home. We did study Romans and James too...a little...

Day 5 ( Thursday, March 30): More rain. My dad dropped the rest of us off at the aquarium (Yuck!) before he went to shop for endodontist stuff with his friends. The aquarium was a lot smaller than expected. We decided to take the city bus to downtown so we could get some food. We ended up at a restaurant called "Da Big Kahuna". We waited there for my dad. If any of you know me well, you know that I like iced tea. I ordered iced tea at that restaurant but it was not normal iced tea. My mom agreed and she ordered diet pepsi and I ordered pepsi. I think the waitress brought two diet pepsis because mine didn't taste like regular pepsi. I know I sound picky and whiny but my mom agrees! Anyway, my dad finally showed up and we did a little shopping. We then proceeded to my dad's little convention party. It was very boring. There were a bunch of weird adults talking about teeth, the hotel staff wouldn't let me play the grand piano, and my dad was having the time of his life. Luckily he's a great endodontist and an even better dad. He left the party thing way early just for us. Thanks daddy!

Day 6 (Friday, March 31): The rain never ends. This day we got to hang around the house all morning and go to the Polynesian Cultural Center in the evening. This place was really cool. We had dinner there and watched an amazing show full of dancing and fire. The fire was Keenan, Joe, and Danny's favorite part. The whole experience was fun until all the mosquitos came out. My legs itch like crazy!

Day 7 (Saturday, April 1): Keenan's plan for the day was to play the most amazing April Fool's trick on Joe. Joe had been boasting about his plan to play nasty tricks on since last April. Keenan decided to tell Joe that April Fool's day was not until Sunday. It totally worked. He bought it all the way. He was really mad when we told him, but it was worth it. The rest of the day was loads of fun too. We actually got to go to the beach Saturday. The rain stopped and we found a place where sewage hadn't spilled everywhere. I had a lot of fun until I had to go watch Joe and his new found friends play on the other side of the beach. They caught some good sized fish and began to take them apart and throw them around. I was grossed out. Thank goodness my dad saved me before I puked. I got to boogie board the rest of the time and I managed to get a lovely sunburn. After the beach we went to dinner at Roy's, a really fancy place at a golf club. We got a table on the balcony overlooking the lake with beautiful black swans swimming in it. I felt like a real hick, especially after Danny overfilled his diaper and had an accident on the floor. That was really funny. Anyway, we had a good time.

Day 8 (Sunday, April 2): We decided to kill some time at Pearl Harbor before we had to get on our overnight flight back home. By the time we arrived I was feeling very ill. My head was spinning and my stomach was doing flips. My mom thought it best that I eat so I could take some pain killer for my head. Not long after the pain killer went in it came back out along with the little greek salad I had eaten and the Grape Nuts I had for breakfast. It was pretty gross. I felt really sick the rest of the day and couln't keep much in my stomach during our eight hour flight from Honolulu to Atlanta. And to think, all this time I thought I was awaiting a trip straight from the airport to school. Ick!

Day 9 (Monday, April 3): This day was really funny. We arrived in Atlanta at around 8:45 ET. We were supposed to have about three hours between flights. We would leave Atlanta at 12:00 and get home around 1:30, plenty of time for me to get to school by 2:30. Well, things didn't work out according to plans. Our three hour lay over turned into a six hour lay over, our flight switched gates four times, and the power went out in the terminal. I did start to feel better. That was good. Everything else wasn't so good. Joe fell asleep watching Star Wars and awoke from what we expect was a really bad dream. He was crying and screaming about some stick and he kept apologizing. I could only unerstand about half of what he was saying. He really creeped me out. Keenan took him to the bathroom and now he can't even remember his dream. I feel sorry for him but it was still really creepy. We finally got on what should have been our 12:00 flight at 3:20, but we didn't get to take off until 4:00.

So, here I am. I got home safe and sound around 6:00on Monday. I am tired and I am finished with this post. Good-bye.

No comments: