I would like to introduce to you another work of mine. The message contained in this piece is something I needed to hear a couple summers ago, and it is something someone else might need to hear today.
Before I continue, I must admit that this would not have been possible without Project X, a summer-long artistic endeavor led by our devoted mentor known simply as X. X encouraged his students, myself included, to step outside ourselves to take a look in. As Decka, a casual observer, I discovered things I might not have otherwise seen inside myself. This is just one of the many results of my introspective summer of '07.
Handmade
If you think about it, we really are all unique.
Not because we try to be special, but because we're handmade.
Things that come shooting out of machines can be made to be identical.
But mass production of identical objects
does not make the world a beautiful place.
God knew what He was doing.
He makes us by hand, leaves fingerprints,
perhaps even gets a little messy.
But He knows.
He knows that the most marvelous, meaningful creations
must be handcrafted.
They must have flaws.
They must have been made with the artist's very
heart and soul poured into them.
That's how God made me.
Yes, I am imperfect. I have my ups and downs.
But my creator is no machine; He is an artist.
He loves me, cherishes me, knows how valuable
and beautiful I am.
He made me by hand.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Thank you. I needed this, but not because I am struggling with being myself or conforming or anything like that. I needed this because it is a new perspective. As someone who is taking a lot of time to examine myself and who I am, this helps that. I have begun the painful process of self-examination and it is a very humbling thing. I keep having to say to God, "I don't know why you love me, but thank you" and it astonishes me how far off I really am at times. At the same time I see that He made me, and even though He wants me to change and become more like Jesus, He designed things within me to be specific to His work in and through me. I have been confronted with situations that He has remarkably prepared me for in ways that I couldn't have imagined when I was being prepared for them. Seeing how we are each designed for God's work and where we are because He wants us there really illuminates things for me right now. . I know thats not exactly what you were talking about, but thats what God taught me through your words. Thank you once again. . .
Post a Comment